Thursday, June 4, 2009

June 3rd

Drumroll please…….. I FOUND MY FLOOR. Jason was sick today so no side projects intervened. After clearing a ton of dirt out of my square, I finally hit a teeny square of plaster floor. Finally at the end of the day, I had cleared out my square plus the back end of the hill, found where the floor started breaking off down the hill, and found a doorway on the front end of my square. It was fabulous. I felt like I was cleaning my house, and the floor was just so pristine and smooth and wonderful after days and days of clearing out roots and rocks and things that don’t make sense. Tomorrow I am opening up the next plot over, which should extend my floor and find the edge of the building. I really love this work. I like realizing how things fit together, I like the hard work of digging and lifting all day. Also, the fact that I have a floor means there is a possibility of BURIALS and CACHES. Woo woo. I think I am going to try to illegally upload a photo of my plot just because it is so awesome. ps picture failure. ill try again soon

No comments:

Post a Comment